Regarding changes in the rules of border crossing in Russia
According to the Decree of the Government of Russia dated September 12, 2020 N 2338-R, point 2, changes are introduced in respect of the category of foreign citizens and stateless persons who can enter the territory of Russia.
This Order amends the Order of the Government of the Russian Federation dated March 16, 2020 № 635-R, which established restrictions on entry into the Russian Federation.
At the same time, entry was allowed for citizens of the Russian Federation who transit from one part of the Russian Federation territory to Kaliningrad region and back.
Among other things, the list of foreign citizens and stateless persons entitled to cross the land borders was expanded:
- Persons entering the Russian Federation, engaged in labor activity as highly qualified specialists in the field of sports or participating in sports events on the territory of the Russian Federation, included in the list (indicating the checkpoint at the state border of the Russian Federation and the date of entry), sent by the Ministry of Sports of Russia to the FSB of Russia, the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia and Rosaviation;
- Citizens of the Republic of South Ossetia, entering the Russian Federation from the Republic of South Ossetia;
- Persons entering the Russian Federation by road, air, rail or sea transport for the purpose of changing crews of sea and river vessels located in ports of the Russian Federation;
- Persons participating in quality control of equipment manufactured by Russian legal entities and supplied in accordance with contracts governing construction of nuclear facilities abroad and within the framework of international treaties of the Russian Federation on the lists sent by the State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom to the FSB of Russia and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia;
- Persons participating in the work on certification of new aircraft and maintenance of airworthiness of domestically produced aircraft of Russian operators according to the lists sent by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russia to the Federal Security Service of Russia and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia;
It is established that the Russian Government Decree of March 27, 2020 N 763-r no longer applies to the above categories of citizens.
- Citizens of the Republic of Belarus and persons having a residence permit or other document confirming the right of permanent residence in the Republic of Belarus, entering the Russian Federation from the Republic of Belarus through the air checkpoints on the state border of the Russian Federation.
Return to the list of news